Coffea Cruda (Coff)
Homeopathic Medicine Coffea Cruda (Coff)
[Materia Medica Keynotes, Health benefits, uses, warnings, safety precaution, side effects, interaction, complementary and dosage]
Homeopathic Remedy Coffea Cruda (Coff ), Coffea Arabica Unroasted known as Coffee. Bun in Hindi is used for Wakefulness and improved alertness. Oversensitive to all stimuli. Over-reactive, Restlessness. Insomnia. Excitement of MIND:, ecstatic state, Bad effects from joy or surprise, or strong emotions, Nervousness from drinking coffee.
Coffea Cruda (Coff), Coffea Arabica belongs to Plants Kingdom;
Stage: Acute, Chronic;
Side: Right, U.Lt.Low Rt.;
Thermal State: Chilly;
Thirst: Thirsty, Thirstless;
Appetite: Increased, Easy satiety, Reduced;
Sensitivity: Low, High ;
Time Phases: Morning, Noon, Afternoon, Evening, Night,
Gender: Male, Female
Physiological Action :
This agent used as a beverage habitually and excessively produces indigestion, with gastric acidity, vertigo, headache, cardiac irritability and despondency. Poisonous doses produce delirium, partial loss of consciousness, a slow irregular pulse, coldness with a clammy perspiration, a subnormal temperature, cramps, tremors, increased urine, and diminished vision.
It is employed as a stimulant to antidote the effects of narcotics.
This remedy is indicated in over sensitiveness of all the senses, they are all too acute; pain is felt so acutely that it appears insupportable and drives the patient distracted. The mind and body are usually active.
It is of service in insomnia when the ideas roll upon the mind, and he is wide awake, ecstasy, full of ideas and there is no sleep.
It is of service in neuralgia, which may appear as a toothache, when there is extreme restlessness and complaining with entire relief of the pain for a time from holding cold water in the mouth; also in migraine that appears as a result of over mental exertion, thinking or talking. It commences in the morning shortly after waking, and increases little by little, until the pain is unbearable, and may be attended with burning. The skin of the head is sensitive to touch.
The patient feels exhausted and retires to a quiet, dark room to avoid the noises and the light, as they aggravate the condition. The body especially the hands and feet, are cold on account of nausea and there is no desire for food or drink. Vomiting may take place, but it does not relieve the attack. It is usually relieved as night appears. In some cases the pain is as if a nail were driven into the brain, or as if the brain were being torn or dashed to pieces.
A/F [ Aliment From / Causation ] :
– Emotions or violent excitement of the MIND:(joy), or pleasant surprise
– Fear, Fright
– Over fatigue and long journeys
MODALITIES of Coffea Cruda (Coff) :
[ < – Aggravation ]
< Excessive emotions
< Strong odours
< Open air
< Cold night
[ >– Amelioration ]
> Lying down
> Holding ice in mouth
MIND symptom of Coffea Cruda (Coff ) :
– Bad effects of sudden emotions, surprise, joy ,etc. Weeping from delight; alternate laughing and weeping. All ill effects of fear, fright, disappointed love, over fatigue, long journey, excessive laughing, too much wine.
– Unusual activity of MIND and body.
– Impressionable, especially to pleasurable impressions. Full of ideas, quick to act. Irritable and wakeful.
– Memory becomes very acute. Memory active until midnight. Clearness of MIND in evening, at night.
– Excitement, as if hurried. Unconsciousness after emotion; during parturition.
– Fear of death, from pain.
– Weeps, laments and tosses about over trifles.
– Nervous palpitation < sun heat.
– Now joyous, now gloomy. Resents sympathy.
GUIDING INDICATIONS of Coffea Cruda (Coff) :
– Oversensitiveness. All the senses more acute – sight, hearing, smell, taste, touch. (Bell, Cham, Op).
– Painfully sensitive skin. Itching, scratches until it bleeds.
– Neuralgia in various parts, always with great nervous excitability and intolerance of pain, driving to despair.
– Sleep-Nervous sleeplessness.
– Wide awake condition; impossible to close the eyes; physical excitement through mental exaltation.
– Sleep disturbed by dreams.
– Sleep till 3 a.m. after which only dozing.
– Wakes up on every sound.
– Head-Headache from over mental exertion, contradiction, vexation, thinking, talking.
– One sided, as from a nail driven into the brain, as if brain were torn or bashed to pieces; < open air.
– Sensitive hearing.
– < eating, music, noise, footsteps.
– Toothache-Intermittent, jerking relieved by holding ice-water in the mouth, but returns when water becomes warm; during menses.
– Pain -Down arms to finger tips.
– Female genitalia-Menses too early and long lasting.
– Hypersensitiveness of vulva and vagina.
– Emaciation of mammae.
– Male genitalia-Nocturnal emissions followed by great languor and irritability of temper.
– C.N.S. -Convulsions of teething children and grinding of teeth and coldness of limbs.
– Convulsions from excessive playing or laughing in weakly children.
– Cough and sleeplessness after measles.
1. Bad effects of sudden emotions or pleasurable surprises.
2. Oversensitiveness, all senses very acute.
3. Unusual activity of MIND and body.
4. Hasty eating and drinking.
5. Toothache > holding ice water in mouth.
NUCLEUS OF REMEDY:
– Bad effects of sudden emotions, pleasurable joy, fear, fright, disappointed love, over fatigue, wine.
– Oversensitiveness and acuteness of all the senses, causing neuralgias, intolerance of pain.
CONFIRMATORY SYMPTOMS :
1. A/F- Pleasant surprise, sudden emotion, fear, fright, wine.
2. Oversensitiveness of all senses.
3. Unusual activity of MIND and body.
4. Toothache during menses. Toothache > holding ice-water in mouth.
– Chronic fatigue syndrome, Insomnia, Migraine, Neuralgias, Toothache.
Insomnia during pregnancy – Dr. Jar.
To re-establish secretion of milk, stopped by the shock of a death in the family :- British Homoeopathic Journal.
Remember Coffea for fatigue arising from long journeys, especially during hot weather- Dr. Farrington.
Inimical : Canth, Caust, Cocc, Ign.
Compare : Acon, Bry, Cham, Coca, Cod, Coff-t, Cypr.
Antidoted By : Acon, Cham, Ign, Merc, Nux-v, Puls, Sulph, Tabac.
It Antidotes : Bell, Cham, Cic, Coloc, Lyc, Nux-v, Stry, Valer.
Duration Of Action : 1-10 Days.
Dosage Of the tincture, 1 to 30 drops may be taken. HOMEO., 3x.