Citrullus Colocynthis (Coloc)
Homeopathic Medicine Citrullus Colocynthis (Coloc)
[Materia Medica Keynotes of Citrullus Colocynthis (Coloc) Health benefits, uses, warnings, safety precaution, side effects, interaction, complementary and dosage]
Citrullus Colocynthis (Coloc), COMMON NAME: Bitter Cucumber, also known as Badi indrayan, Ghorumba, Indarayan in Hindi,
Side: Right, U.Rt.Low Lt.;
Miasm: Psoric, Sycotic;
Thermal State: Chilly;
Action : OnlyPolycrest;
Thirst: Thirsty, Thirstless, Small Quantity;
Appetite: Increased, Easy satiety, Reduced;
Sensitivity: Low, High;
Moon Phases: First Quarter, Full Moon, Last Quarter, New Moon;
Time Phases : Morning, Noon, Afternoon, Forenoon, Evening, Night.
Easily angered and ill effects therefrom. Intense neuralgias, with chilliness > pressure. Agonising pain in abdomen, causing patient to bend double. Cramps, contractions, twitching, shortening of muscles. Sensations-Cutting, twisting, grinding, contracting, bruised, as if clamped with iron bands.
A/F [ Aliment from/ Causation ] :
MODALITIES of Citrullus Colocynthis (Coloc) :
[ < – Aggravation ]
< From anger and indignation
< Lying on painless side
< In bed
< Taking cold
< After eating, cheese
< Before and after urination potato, starchy food (flatus)
< After eating, drinking least amount
< 4-9 p.m.
[ >– Amelioration ]
> HARD PRESSURE on edge
> Gentle motion
> After stool
> Doubling up
MIND symptom of Citrullus Colocynthis (Coloc) :
– Ailments after anger and silent grief.
– Greatly affected by the misfortunes of others.
– Anger easily, vexed during pain.
– Want of religious feeling.
– Screams with pain; wants to walk about, disinclined to talk, to answer.
– Does not want to meet the friend.
– Morose; becomes offended at everything.
– Irritable; throws things out of his hand.
– Mortification, caused by offense.
– Confusion trom beer; after wine.
– Restlessness before menses.
GUIDING INDICATIONS of Citrullus Colocynthis (Coloc) :
– It is left sided drug, except sciatica which is on right side. All symptoms are 4-9 p.m.
– Suited to easily angered, irritable persons, with tendency to corpulency, to women of sedentary habits, with copious menstruation.
– It is useful in acute affections of digestive tract and intestines but it has a long lasting action on nerves, especially trigeminal, facial, sciatica, spinal nerves.
– Different types of pain > PRESSURE > WARMTH.
– Colicky pain.
– Pains come suddenly, go suddenly.
– Crampy, tearing part.
– Neuralgic pains, cutting, pinching, clamping, gnawing or boring.
– Pains with numbness.
– Pains like electric shocks.
– Throbbing throughout the whole body.
– Constrictions, cramps and twitchings.
– Vertigo-When quickly turning head, especially to the left, as if he would fall.
– Vertigo from stimulants.
– Head-Lateral cutting headache with nausea, vomiting.
– Pains with soreness of scalp.
– Pain < stooping, lying on back and moving eyelids.
– Eyes -On stooping feeling as if eyes would fall out.
– Violent pain before development of glaucoma.
– Ears-Sounds re-echo in ears.
– Face-Left side affection of face.
– Trigeminal neuralgia.
– Tearing shooting and swelling of face > from pressure.
– Neuralgia with chilliness, teeth seems too long.
– Prosopalgia with eye symptoms and chilliness.
– Face distorted, cheeks cold.
– G.I.T.-Bitter taste in mouth.
– Agonizing, violent, cutting, cramping, griping, tearing, clutching, or radiating pain, comes in waves. Pain compels patient to cry out and wriggle for relief, or double up and particularly press something hard against abdomen.
– < Least food or drink, except coffee and tobacco smoking.
– Intestines feel squeezed between stones.
– Sensation as of being encircled with an iron band.
– Colic with cramps in calves. Pains are accompanied by nausea vomiting and diuresis.
– Each paroxysm is attended with general agitation and a chill over the cheeks, ascending from the hypogastrium.
– Pressure ameliorates pain in abdomen in acute stage, but when pain remains for a long time, parts become tender, then the pressure aggravates the pain.
– Stools-frothy, watery, shreddy, yellow or gelatinous with flatulence and pain.
– Slippery bubbles escape from anus.
– Dysenteric stool, renewed each time by the least food or drink.
– Jelly-like stool, musty odour.
– During colic, infant lies on abdomen and screams when he is moved slightly.
– Urinary system-Pain on urinating over the whole abdomen.
– Cysto- spasm after operation on the orifices.
– Burning along urethra during stool.
– Urine-viscid, foetid, small quantities with frequent urging.
– Red, hard crystals adhering to the vessel.
– Urine milky white coagulates on standing, diabetes.
– Female genitalia-Boring pain in ovary, must draw up double, with great restlessness.
– Ovarian cyst with pain > flexing thigh on pelvis.
– Suppression of menses or lochia from indignation.
– Dysmenorrhoea < eating.
– Menses copious in women with sedentary habits.
– Extremities-Contradiction of muscles. All the limbs are drawn together.
– Sciatica, cramps like, shooting electric-like pain in hip, lies on affected side. Pain from hip to knee.
– Pain < gentle motion > pressure and heat.
– Pain down right thigh, muscles and tendons feel too short, with numbness.
– Stiffness of joints, with shortening of tendons.
– Spontaneous subluxation of the hip joint.
– Perspiration- Urinous odour of perspiration.
1. Cystospasm after operation of orifices.
2. Urinous odour of perspiration.
NUCLEUS OF REMEDY :
– Useful in irritable persons, easily angered and ill effects therefore.
– Not only is it useful in acute affection of digestive tract and intestines, but it has a long lasting action on nerves especially trifacial, sciatica and spinal.
– In abdomen, produces sudden, atrocious, cramping, griping, tearing pain which makes the patient twist and turn, cry out and bend double.
– Pains are accompanied by nausea and vomiting from intensity of pain.
– Neuralgic pains are cutting, pinching, cramping, gnawing or boring, followed by numbness > pressure.
CONFIRMATORY SYMPTOMS of Citrullus Colocynthis (Coloc) :
1. Left sided affection.
2. Pain in abdomen < least food < anger, vexation > hard pressure > doubling up.
3. Neuralgia pains- cutting, shooting, electric shock-like, followed by numbness.
4. Trigeminal neuralgia alternates with chilliness and colicky pain in abdomen.
5. Sciatica pain with contraction of muscles, shortning of muscles and tendens < gentle motion > pressure.
CLINICAL Condition :
In menstrual colic, Causticum will cure after the failure of Colocynth.
In the beginning cases of paraphimosis, you may give Colocynth which will sometime relieve the spasm- Dr.Farrington.
Best antidote to lead poisoning- Boericke.
Complementary : Merc.
Antidoted By : Camph, Caust, Cham, Coff, Op, Staph.
It Antidotes : Caust, Mag.
Duration Of Action : 1-7 Days.