Euphrasia Officinalis (Euphr)
Homeopathy Remedy Euphrasia Officinalis (Euphr)
Common Name : Eye bright
Kingdom : Plants
Stage : Acute
Side : Left, U.Rt.Low Lt., U.Lt.Low Rt.
Miasm : Psoric, Sycotic
Thermal State : Chilly
Action : NoPolycrest
Thirst : Thirsty
Appetite : Increased, Reduced
Sensitivity : Low, High
Moon Phases : Last Quarter, New Moon
Time Phases : Morning, Noon, Afternoon, Forenoon, Evening, Night
NATURAL ORDER : Scrophulariaceae
HABITAT : Europe
Euphrasia Officinalis ( Euphr ) is indicated for Abundant, hot, acrid, smarting tears with bland coryza.
This agent produces a catarrhal inflammation of the mucous membrane of the eyes and nose. From the eyes the discharge is highly excoriating, while from the nose it is bland, while from Allium cepa the discharge from the eyes is bland and that from the nose is acrid.
This remedy is indicated in CATARRHAL CONDITIONS, especially of the mucous membrane of the eyes and nose. In acute catarrhal OPHTHALMIA, when the conjunctiva is red and congested, and a sensation of soreness or burning is complained of with photo-phobia and a profuse acrid lachrymation which bites and excoriates the eyelids, which swell and ulcerate, as well as the portion of the cheek over which it flows.
The inflammatory process is not confined to the conjunctiva, but the cornea, lachrymal glands and sac are all involved. It is thus of service during the early stages of acute catarrhal conjunctivitis, in cases of traumatic conjunctivitis and in blepharitis.
It should be thought of in ACUTE COLDS and ACUTE CATARRHAL FEVERS, where there is an acrid discharge from the eyes and a bland discharge from the nose. The membrane of the nares is swollen and there is sneezing and dyspnoea. The larynx and trachea may be involved, when there is loose cough and a sensation of chilliness.
It may be of service during the early stage of MEASLES, when there is severe photo-phobia with catarrhal inflammation of the eyes.
A/F [Aliment From / Causation] :
– Mechanical injuries of external parts of eye.
< Glare of day light
< While lying down
< In bed
< When touched
< After exposure to south wind. > In darkness
> Open air
> From coffee
> Wiping eyes
– Catarrhal affections of mucus membrane, especially of eyes, nose, upper respiratory tract.
– Profuse, offensive expectoration of mucus by voluntary hawking.
– WATERY EYES, AS IF SWIMMING IN TEARS, HOT or ACRID TEARS leaving a varnish-like mark. Sensation as of a hair in eyes, wants to wipe them.
– Bluish cornea. Tendency to accumulation of sticky mucus on cornea – removed by winking. Chronic sore eyes.
– Pain in the eye, alternating with pain in abdomen.
– Catarrhal headache with profuse discharge from eyes and nose.
– COUGH ONLY IN DAYTIME (Ferr, Nat-m), less on lying down at night (reverse -Thuj).
– Loose cough with excessive lachrymation. Cough appears after disappearance of haemorrhoids.
– Menses painful, late, scanty, short, FLOW LASTS ONLY AN HOUR OR DAY.
– Indicated especially in eruptive fever, like measles. Suitable in FIRST STAGE OF MEASLES where eye symptoms are marked. MEASLES with WATERY EYES and FLUENT CORYZA.
– Frequent yawning while walking in open air.
1. Profuse acrid lachrymation with profuse bland coryza.
2. Cough only in daytime.
3. Menstrual flow lasts only one day or sometimes only one hour.
NUCLEUS OF REMEDY:
1. Free, acrid, watery secretions.
2. Acrid tears with bland coryza.
3. Measles with watery eyes and fluent coryza.
4. Cough < daytime.
5. MENSES- LASTS ONLY an hour or day.
Profuse acrid lachrymation with profuse and bland coryza.
CLINICAL CONDITION OF EUPHRASIA:
Euphrasia has a shining face which looks as if it had been varnished. The skin of the face cracks as varnish does. -Dr. H.A. Roberts
Best homeopathic Treatment for Allergy, Rhinitis, Conjunctivitis, Iritis, Chemosis, Pertussis, Measles, Hay fever, Injury to the eye.
Antidotes By : Camph, Puls.
Duration Of Action : 7 Days.