Homeopathic Remedy Cuprum Metallicum (Cupr)
Common Name: Copper;
Chemical Formula: Cu;
Stage: Acute, Chronic;
Side: Left, U.Rt.Low Lt.;
Miasm: Psoric, Sycotic, Tubercular, Syphilitic;
Thirst: Thirsty, Small Quantity;
Appetite: Increased, Reduced;
Sensitivity: Low, High;
Moon Phases: First Quarter, Full Moon, Last Quarter, New Moon;
Time Phases: Morning, Noon, Afternoon, Forenoon, Evening;
Gender: Male, Female, Child;
Element: Copper(Cu, 29),
Cuprum Metallicum (Cupr) is indicated for Cramps, spasms, convulsions. Chorea. Suppressions (physical and emotional) Cyanosis. Cough > cold drinks. Metallic taste.Gurgling sound, when fluid descends down while drinking.
This agent produces a burning and constriction in the throat, an increased flow of salvia, burning in the region of the stomach with griping, colicky pains in the intestines, nausea and vomiting, and all the evidences of a gastroenteritis. The discharges from the bowels are dysenteric in character and attended with tenesmus; the liver shows granular degeneration, while the kidneys and congested;
The urine is diminished and contains epithelial cells; there are headaches, convulsions, muscular tremors, defective coordination and paresis. The postmortem reveals inflammation, ulceration and even perforation of the duodenum and small intestines.
This remedy is indicated in NEUROTIC, CHLOROTIC and GASTROINTESTINAL DISEASES when the patient is worse at night and from vomiting, and is relieved from drinking cold water and from perspiring.
It is of service in GASTROENTERITIS WHEN THERE ARE SEVERE CRAMPS IN THE STOMACH AND BOWELS. THE ABDOMEN IS TENSE, HOT AND TENDER TO THE TOUCH; THERE IS nausea, vomiting AND A COPIOUS, GREEN diarrhea. It IS ALSO OF SERVICE IN Asiatic cholera WHEN THERE IS CONVULSIVE VOMITING, WITH A TENDENCY TO COLLAPSE AND PROFUSE CHOLERIC STOOLS. THERE ARE SEVERE SPASMODIC CRAMPS IN THE STOMACH AND ABDOMEN.
It is useful in CHOLERA INFANT and DIARRHEA when the eyes are sunken with blue rigs around them, with coldness and blueness of the surfaces, with violent cramps in the legs and feet.
It should be remembered in WHOOPING – COUGH when the paroxysms are severe. There is great dyspnoea, suffocation, cyanosis and vomiting of mucus. A swallow of cold water brings relief.
It is useful in AMYOTROPHIC, LATERAL, SPINAL SCLEROSIS and PARALYSIS of the brain when there is vomiting and spasms with general coldness and blueness of the lips, dependent upon the retrocession of an acute eruption.
It should be studied in URAEMIC CONVULSIONS when attended with loquacious delirium, followed by apathy, cold tongue, cold breath and collapse. The urine is dark red ad suppressed.
A/F [Aliment From / Causation] :
– Mental or physical overexertion.
– Loss of sleep
– Attacks of unconquerable anxiety
– Blow on head
– Getting wet
– Re percussed eruption
– Suppressed foot sweat.
< New moon
< Cold air, wind
< Suppression foot sweat, exanthema or discharge
> Swallowing cold water
– Intense emotions and impulses are suppressed and controlled making the patient rigidly closed. Extremely closed patient.
– Malicious, desire to injure.
– Unconquerable sadness and anxiety as if some misfortune were approaching.
– Mania – fiery rage. They try to bite, beat, tear things followed by perspiration.
– Violent behavior.
– Stupefaction from suppressed exanthema.
– Sadness when walking in open air, must stand still or sit down.
– Fixed ideas.
– Fear of company. Shuns everybody.
– Ridiculous or foolish gestures.
– Spits on faces of people.
– Bashful, timidity.
– Fear of falling, of strangers, of fire.
– Mental dullness and slowness.
– For fair haired people, prematurely old from sexual excess, who are overtaxed both mind and body.
– Periodicity, complains appear from time to time.
– Cramps or spasms-violent begin in finger and toes and spread over whole body.
– Cramps extorts shrieks.
– Cases of whooping cough.
– Painful menstruation with spasms.
– Violence-that affected part muscles drawn in knots.
– Violent colic, abdomen drawn in.
– Violent continuous headache.
– Spasmodic, violent, continuous, dry cough.
– Blueness, coldness, collapse, with profuse cold sweat and sinking of strength.
– Cold tongue, cold breath.
– Cold clammy sweat < night.
– Suppression-Bad effects of suppressed eruption, foot sweat, measles, suppressed by chill of exposure to wind.
– Leading to convulsions, epilepsy, metastasis to brain from other organs.
– Paralysis of tongue, speech, of isolated muscles.
– Relapsing, tendency to recur periodically.
– Mouth-Constant protrusion and retraction of tongue like a snake.
– Paralysis of tongue with imperfect stammering speech.
– A strong metallic, sweetish, coppery taste in mouth with flow of saliva.
– Respiratory system-Whooping cough, long lasting, suffocating, spasmodic, unable to speak, with breathless, blue face.
– Attacks successively, vomiting of food after regaining consciousness.
– Cough has gurgling sound, as if water was being poured from a bottle > drinking cold water.
– C.N.S.-Clonic spasm begin in fingers and toes and spread over entire body.
– Epilepsy aura begins in knees and ascends.
– Uraemic convulsions with scanty urine.
– Female genitalia-For after-pains, especially of women who have borne many children.
KEYNOTES of Cuprum Metallicum (Cupr):
1. Cough comes in paroxysms of three, suffocative, produces a gurgling sound > drinking cold water.
2. Spasm and cramps begin in fingers and toes and then spread.
3. Epileptic aura begins in knees and ascends upwards.
4. Frequently the thumbs are clenched across the palms of hands during the convulsions.
5. Sweetish, metallic taste in mouth.
NUCLEUS OF REMEDY:
– Spasms or cramps- violence in nature, colic, abdomen drawn in, violent headache.
– Blueness, Coldness, Collapse.
– Suppression or non-development of eruptions or foot sweat leading to metastasis to brain.
– Relapsing tendency, periodicity every fortnight.
– Cramps begins in fingers and toes and then spread to rest of the body.
– Epilepsy with aura beginning in knee and then ascending upwards.
– In between the attack, there is great restlessness, slimy metallic taste in mouth.
TOP CLINICAL CONDITION LEADS TO Cupr :
Angina pectoris, Asthma, Cholera, Chorea, Colic, Cramps, Encephalitis, Gastrointestinal disorders, Headache, Meningitis, Migraine, Nocturnal myoclonus, Seizure disorder, Tics, Twitches.
In pure nervous asthma – Dr. Russell.
For the vomitus of drinkers, Cupr shall be thought of – Dr. Berlyn.
Complementary : Calc.
It Antidotes : Aur, Merc, Op.
Duration Of Action : 40-50 Days.