Homeopathic Remedy Solanum Dulcamara (Dulc)
Common Name : Bitter-sweet, Solanum Dulcamara,
Kingdom : Plants
Stage : Acute, Chronic
Side : Left, U.Rt.Low Lt., Lt. to Rt.
Miasm : Psoric, Sycotic, Tubercular
Thermal State : Chilly
Action : NoPolycrest
Thirst : Thirsty, Unquenchable
Appetite : Increased, Easy satiety, Reduced
Sensitivity : Low, High
Moon Phases : Full Moon, Last Quarter, New Moon
Time Phases : Morning, Noon, Afternoon, Forenoon, Evening, Night
Gender : Male, Female, Child
FAMILY : Solanaceae
HABITAT : Europe and America
Preparations : Mother tincture from the fresh green stem; and dilutions.
The agent in toxic doses causes dyspnoea, tremor, muscular contractions, nausea, vomiting, with pain the joints, a purplish color of the hands and face, and a general catarrhal inflammation. It produces enlargement of the lymphatic glands and an erythematous eruption upon the skin.
– C.N.S.- Convulsion, paralysis.
– Mucus membrane- Catarrhal inflammation
– Kidneys- Increased B.P., Albuminuria, Catarrh.
– Skin- Erythema, eczema, urticaria.
– Serous membrane
– Rheumatoid inflammation.
This remedy is indicated in catarrhal, rheumatic and skin affections that are the result of COLD, DAMP weather. The skin is delicate ad sensitive to eruptions every time the patient is exposed to cold. It is also indicated where there is a retrocession of an eruption as a result of exposure to cold.
It should be remembered in ACUTE CORYZA, NASAL and BRONCHIAL CATARRH, ASTHMA and CATCHING COLD when the result of exposure; also in growing children suffering from diarrhea and catarrh of the bladder, with milky urine, as a result of wading in cold water. In slight sub-acute attacks of rheumatism, or any other disease when there is a marked aggravation at every change of the weather to damp or cold, this remedy should be studied.
It should be remembered in SKIN DISEASES that show this tendency to aggravation at every exposure.
It is useful in mild cases of NYMPHOMANIA when ASSOCIATED with heat, itching and eruptions of the genitals.
Conditions found as effects of damp weather, in hot days and cold nights, towards the close of summer. Results from sitting on cold, damp ground.
Patients living or working in damp, cold basements.
Headache > by conversations.
Nose stuffs up when there is a cold rain.
Burning thirst for cold drinks.
Cutting pain about navel, with slimy bloody mucous stools in summer.
Must urinate when getting chilled.
Rash on skin before menses.
Cough after physical exertion.
A/F [ Aliment Form / Causation ] :
– Exposure to cold, getting wet in rain
– Damp cold weather
– Washing in water with bare feet, washing
– Checked perspiration
– Suppressed and checked eruptions when the days are hot and night are cold
< Being chilled while hot
< Sudden changes of temperature
< Cold drinks, ice-creams
< Damp weather or ground cellars, beds
< Suppressed discharges, eruptions, sweat
< Hot days and cold nights
All other, except cough and skin complaints < warmth > Moving about
> Dry weather
-Confusion, cannot find the right word, cannot concentrate his thoughts.
-Scolds without being angry.
-Rejects the things asked for.
-Easily becomes delirious; with pain.
– Difficult speech.
– This remedy is useful to those persons who are prone to catarrhal, rheumatic and herpetic affections on account of exposure to cold, damp weather, sudden change in hot weather.
– It affects the mucous membranes, producing excessive secretions, especially bronchi, bladder, eyes.
– Complaints of workers in ice-factory.
– Skin affections are liable to appear before menses.
– Complaints of people who are exposed to constant change of temperature (air condition).
– Every cold settles in the eyes, throat or affects the bladder, respiration or throat.
– Stiffness, numbness, aching, soreness of muscles on every exposure to cold, especially of back and loins.
– Anasarca after suppressed sweat, eruptions or exposure to cold or after rheumatism.
– Glands swell and hypertrophy on repeated exposure to cold, damp air, also acute and chronic tonsillitis.
– Paralytic effects of single parts with icy – coldness of that part.
– Head – Pain > by conversation.
– G.I.T.-Regional effects of Dulcamara is at or about umbilicus, where pinching and shooting pain occurs again and again.
– Yellow watery diarrhea with cutting pain.
– Colic before every stool, from taking cold.
– Urinary system-Milky urine.
– Catarrhal ischuria in grown-up children.
– Wading with bare feet in cold water causes involuntary urination.
– Skin-Warts fleshy, large, smooth on face or back of hands and fingers.
– Urticaria over whole body.
– Itching, burns after scratching > cold.
– Thick, brown, yellow crusts on scalp.
1. Skin rash < before menses.
2. Nose stopped up everytime there is a cold rain.
3. Every cold settles in the eyes.
NUCLEUS OF REMEDY:
– Catarrhal, rheumatism and herpetic affections.
– Caused by exposure to cold, damp, rainy weather; sudden change from hot to cold.
– Symptom caused by suppressed eruptions, perspiration, menses.
– Paralytic effect of single parts, vocal cords, tongue, etc.
-Complaints caused by exposure to cold damp, rainy weather or sudden change of weather.
-Patients living or working in damp, cold basements.
Adenitis, Asthma, Diarrhea, Eruptions, Facial neuralgia, Hay-fever, Headache, Herpes zoster, Middle ear catarrh, Paralysis, Pemphigus, Pruritus, Rash, Rheumatism, Rhinitis, Scald head, Umbilical colic, Urticaria, Warts, Whooping cough.
It is for alternation of eczema and asthma with dreadful restlessness- Dr. Elizabeth Hubbard.
Complementary : Bar-c.
Inimical : Bell, Lach.
Compare : Acon, Ars, Bry, Calc, Cham, Croto-t, Hell, Nit-ac, Nux-m, Puls, Staph, Sulph, Verat.
Antidoted By : Camph, Cupr, Ip, Kali-c, Merc.
It Antidotes : Cupr, Merc.
Duration Of Action : 30 Days.